An OH|ID is a digital ID issued by the State of Ohio. Your OH|ID provides a single, secure entry point to many of the online tools and applications used by state agencies.
Having an OH|ID means you can log into OHID.Ohio.gov to submit forms, complete reports and access online systems across different state agencies -- all with a single username and password.
There’s no cost and we’ll never share your personal information. Learn more about how we keep your information secure.
If you need help logging into a specific agency application such as unemployment benefits or BMV Online Services— including if you need help updating your phone number or email address for 2-step verification, also called multi-factor authentication or MFA — see OH|ID Agency Help.
Forgot Password or Username
To reset your password, go to Forgot Password.
- Enter your OH|ID (Username or User ID)
- Answer the validation question so we know you’re not a robot.
- Click Next.
- Choose how you want to receive the one-time code that will get you back into your account, by text or email. Or use the third-party verification tool from Experian to answer questions and get back into your account.
To recover your username, go to Forgot Username.
- Enter the email you used to create your account.
- Answer the validation question.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for an email from donotreply-EnterpriseIdentity@ohio.gov with your username.
Create a New OH|ID Account
Anyone can create an OH|ID. It’s free and we’ll never share your personal information.
Go to ohid.ohio.gov and click Create OH|ID Account.
- Enter your email address. We’ll send you a one-time PIN.
- Enter the one-time PIN to verify your email.
- Enter your legal first and last names, and date of birth.
- Pick a username. This will be your OH|ID.
- Create a password.
- Add a mobile number as an account recovery option. We'll send you a one-time PIN.
- Enter the one-time PIN to verify your mobile number.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and answer the verification question.
- Click Create Account.
- Wait for a confirmation email before attempting to log in for the first time.